What is the purpose?

This blog is meant to be fun, light hearted, and educational about motherhood/parenthood. You may ask, "Why are you blogging about motherhood/parenthood if you yourself are not a mother/parent"? Well, I am in NO WAY telling you how to raise a child.

I want to bring a different perspective on what I see and learn from my sister. I am in NO WAY an expert at children either. It is tough being a parent these days, but I want this blog to be fun and educational as well.

I may get criticized by certain topics when it comes to parenting, but on the bright side what may work for my sister may not work for you. It does not hurt to try different ways to see what fits for your child.

Parenthood is very difficult, and sometimes goes unnoticed. I am 23 years old and have just now starting to realize how much I really appreciate my mother. During the time of being a rambunctious little girl to a smart mouthing teenager, I never understood why my mother and father set rules.

I always thought, "They just don't get me". They set rules because they used to be "me". Now being on the outside looking in, parenting is hard. I want this blog to be a voice to those parents who are struggling with being a parent.

The great news about being a parent is that YOU are NOT alone! Everyone may be going through something with their child like, being a picky eater, not talking yet, not walking yet, etc. Every kid is different and that is OKAY! They will get to that goal on their own pace.

My mother told me that my sister and brother were walking before one, and I did not start walking until after I turned one. I was talking way before the age that my brother talked too. Each child reaches a milestone at their own pace!

In other words, just take a deep breath and know that you are NOT alone. I hope these posts can give you some advice, a creative idea to trick your child into eating veggies, hopefully a laugh or two, and other ideas about parenting. Hopefully something will work for you and if not then that is okay!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Being Outside

Meet the Roomies!

Valentine's Day!